Burkett & Co. Chartered Professional Accountants
Suite 200, 3561 Shelbourne Street
Victoria, BC, V8P 4G8
Burkett & Co. is a leading Victoria based accounting firm providing accounting, tax and advisory services to business owners and their families. Our firm has a long-standing history providing high quality service for small to medium-sized businesses and high-net-worth clients. Our clients include individuals, entrepreneurs, private companies, medical professionals, restaurants, investment firms and non-profit organizations. We provide excellence in the services we offer and create personalized solutions to ensure successful outcomes for each client.
If you aspire to be a Chartered Professional Accountant and love living in beautiful Victoria, look no further than Burkett & Co. We are currently recruiting for a talented individual to begin a CPA career commencing September 2024. With our firm you will receive the experience you want and need to be a well-rounded CPA. Please note that this is a full-time, permanent position.
What we have to offer
We invest in our people, supporting their growth through training, mentorship, and professional development. Our firm will provide you with hands on experience to really accelerate your growth that will translate to on-the-job success as well as strong achievement in your CPA PEP courses.
Benefits you can expect as part of our team:
• Competitive compensation package
• Education reimbursement
• Continued professional development
• Opportunities to grow and learn from partners and managers
• Close knit office culture
• Comprehensive health, medical and dental benefits
• Preparation of Compilation and Review engagement working papers
• Preparation of corporate, individual and trust income tax returns
• Detailed analysis of revenue, expense, and investment transactions
• Other types of special engagements as necessary
• Plans to pursue a CPA designation
• Academic achievement – completed or near completion of an undergraduate degree and CPA pre-requisite courses
• Strong client/customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts. We thank all applicants but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.